Recognised Graduate Visa

The Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476) lets recent engineering graduates live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months.



Recognised Graduate Visa holders can:

  • Live, work and study in Australia for up to 18 months


To apply for a Recognised Graduate Visa, candidates must:

  • Be under the age of 31
  • Have completed an engineering degree at a specified educational institution in the past two years
  • Not have previously been the primary visa holder of a subclass 476 or 485 visa
  • Provide evidence of English proficiency, except for passport holders from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland
  • Meet Australia’s health and character requirements


You must have completed your engineering qualification at a specified educational institution. Any institution offering an Engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord is a specified institution.

You would not satisfy this requirement if you studied at an institution or college that is only affiliated with a Washington Accord specified institution.

We will also accept an engineering degree (or higher qualification) from:

  • Argentina
    • Catholic University of Argentina
  • Brazil
    • Federal University of Minas Gerais
  • Chile
    • Universidad Catolica del Norte
    • Catholic University of Chile
    • University of Chile
    • University of Concepcion
  • Finland
    • HUT, Helsinki
  • Germany
    • RWTH, Aachen
    • Technical University of Berlin
    • Technical University of Clausthal
    • TU Bergakademie Freiberg
    • University of Hannover
  • Hungary
    • University of Miskolc
  • India
    • Anna University, Chennai
    • Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
    • Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
    • Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
    • Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
  • Iran
    • Amir Kabir University of Technology
    • University of Tehran
  • People's Republic of China
    • Beijing Normal University
    • Beijing Petroleum University
    • Beijing University of Chemical Technology
    • Beijing University of Technology
    • China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing
    • Guangzhou University
    • Shanghai University of Engineering Science
    • Shanghai Jiaotong University
    • Tongji University
    • Tsinghua University
    • University of Science and Technology, Beijing
  • Philippines
    • University of the Philippines
  • Poland
    • Wroclaw University of Technology
  • Slovakia
    • TU Kosice
  • Sweden
    • Lulea University of Technology
  • Tanzania
    • University of Dar es Salaam


You can include immediate family members in your application. These family members must meet Australia’s health and character requirements.

You can add your children to the application until Australia decides on your application. You can’t add any other family members to your application during that time.

Family members could also apply to join you as subsequent entrants after Australia grants your visa.

Hamburg, Germany

Kallmorgenweg 1

Groß Flottbek

+49 (0) 40 896 987 13 

Cape Town, South Africa

Graphic Centre

199 Loop Street

+27 (0) 21 202 8200


Leave a Review:

Licenses: Our advisors are licensed to give immigration advice for Australia and New Zealand: Our MARA numbers are 1467325 and 1807854. Our IAA numbers are 201400975, 201600505, and 202300649. Our LIAA number is 220104. Katrin Maja O'Flynn and Maike Versfeld are also authorized under §1 AuswSG in Germany.

Copyright © 2024 Intergate Emigration GmbH. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.

Please see our Terms and Conditions for Australia and New Zealand as well as our Privacy Policy and Payment and Cancellation Policy